Here is the “how-to” information you need to rebarrel and tune (blueprint) Mauser Military Bolt Action Rifles. The techniques shown are also applicable to most military bolt-action rifles. Ken Brooks, Professional Gunsmith, and Instructor at Lassen College Gunsmithing School teaches you everything you need to know.
You will learn:
- How to remove the old barrel, fit firing pin tips and repair oversized firing pin holes for higher-pressure calibers
- Squaring and truing the action
- Lapping the lugs
- Bolt stop modifications for a smoother action
- How to open up magazines for full-length cartridges
- How to fit a pre-threaded (short chambered) barrel
- Installing shoulders to prevent bullet nose damage
- Converting from standard cartridges to Magnum
- Opening the bolt face and fitting the rails
- Discussion of action heat-treating
- Improving the safety of the action
Applicable to Mauser 91, 92, 93, 94, 96 & 98s, Enfields 1914/17, Springfield 03s, Arisakas, etc.