Master Gunsmith, Gene Shuey takes you to the next level of custom 1911 building with this course on “Building the Race Ready Kit.
If you want to build a really hot 1911 style pistol with many custom features and want to save significant time and money, building a semi-custom 1911 from a kit makes a lot of sense. Many of the custom features that you would normally have to do yourself are already done for you by the manufacturer. All the costly machining operations are done, such as a high cut frame, checkered front strap, integral, flared, mag well and beavertail grip safety and a slide already milled for adjustable sights, to name a few.
This course will provide you with all the knowledge that you will need to turn a “Race Ready Kit” into a great carry gun or match winning pistol. While this course covers this subject in complete detail, it is the perfect next step for those of you who are serious about Pistolsmithing 1911 style pistols. Mr. Shuey demonstrates many different tools and fixtures not covered in Volume I of the Ultimate 1911.
This course covers in depth:
- Fitting the slide to the frame
- Fitting a bull barrel
- Reaming chamber and head spacing
- Professional trigger job with custom hammer and sear
- Full-length tungsten guide rod with reverse plug balancing the springs for reliability and performance fitting
- Barrel lock-up
- Tuning the extractor
- Tuning the ejector
- Installing and adjusting a trigger
In addition, learn the professional’s secrets of:
- Getting an ultra-light & crisp trigger pull
- Fitting the extractor
- Making the pistol “jam proof”
- Getting match accuracy with combat reliability
- Using tools and fixtures like a pro
- How to fit the pistol to your grip
- Learn which options give you the most performance
- Exotic and durable finishes